Tuesday, January 9, 2018

When Dreams Become Reality

Tonight I was freaking out about the future. Will I be able to get through it? Won't I fail? It won't be worth it. And all those dreams God has put in my heart, I don't really believe they'll be a reality, because I just don't see it yet.
Today, I did something I've been dreaming of.
Have you ever heard of IKEA? It's this huge furniture store that sells practically anything. And it has showrooms to give you inspiration for how to use their products. Like, a huge top floor full of showrooms. 😍
I've always wanted to go there just to explore. I've been there when I was younger, but it was with my family and we were trying to buy something (I know, so boring, right?). Which meant I had to stick with my family and go where they wanted to go. Which was fine then, but recently I've been wanting something a little different.
I wanted to go to IKEA, just to explore. To do whatever I wanted to do, be silly and weird and have a blast.
Of course, it's much more fun to do that kind of thing with friends. Somehow the idea came up when my sister and I were at a concert with two other friends and we were like, "We totally need to do this!!" I didn't believe it could actually happen. But God had bigger plans.
You see, God makes dreams a reality. He says, "Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act." (Psalm 37:4-5)
He wasn't about to let that dream go unnoticed. You know why? Because when He brings me to bigger things He's going to need me to look back at His faithfulness in this little trip to IKEA so I'll have faith to say to the next mountain "move", because I know He did it before, and He will do it again.
Today was good. Today felt like a little piece of heaven on earth: harmony and friendship, love and more dreaming. And food. Food is always good too. 😉
But you know what's better? This realization that God is walking with me every step of the way. Today He gave me friends to enjoy it with, and I am so grateful for them. But I know that even when I may look around me and see no one by my side, my God is still there. And,"He will complete what He appoints for me."
(Job 23:14)

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister!! So glad you guys had your fun adventure! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katherine. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about you being a redeemed child of God and Savior and you being totally His. I found your blog post on "When Dreams Become Reality" very encouraging. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of MUMBAI A CITY WITH a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have her come to Mumbai to work with us during her vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing time. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered new year.

    ReplyDelete