The first song I wrote was after I had been doubting God. I didn't think He was listening to me. Then He reminded me of this song that we were practicing at the time for signing. I also remembered this verse (the second part). That night, as I was playing around at the piano, I wrote this:
Never Fear
Don't you fear.
I am here,
holding you,
in My arms.
Don't you cry.
I will always be
by your side.
Never fear.
As for the other songs, I can't really remember how they came about. But here they are anyway:
"Before the dawn of time,
Before the stars were placed,
You took me to be holy and blameless before your face.
Before the earth was formed,
Before the sun was made,
You chose me to be part of Your spotless bride.
Chorus
I will praise Your name, oh Lord,
Forevermore.
And I will trust Your promises,
And listen to Your voice.
For You have taken this broken child,
And brought me to Your side.
So I will praise Your name forevermore.
Because of what You've done,
Because of how He died,
Because of how the blood of Christ gushed from His side,
The eyes that see my sin,
Now see a spotless one,
And I will stand and praise Your name, and wait until You come!"
Any name ideas? :) The next one:
"Break my pride,
Lord I pray.
Take these haughty thoughts.
Steal away my unbelief,
Crush my selfish ways.
Chorus
Create in me,
A clean heart,
That I might thirst for You,
Blot out my transgressions,
And lead me to Your throne.
I have sinned,
Against You,
Against You alone.
But You have saved,
Me from death,
And made me Your own!
(Chorus)
A broken and contrite heart,
Oh God,
You will not despise.
I give myself to You alone.
Take this wayward child."
(Chorus)
I really wish you could hear the music, but I guess you'll just have to ask me the next time I see you! :)
As for the poem....
"Stay my beating heart and beat,
To the rhythm of God's feat;
Mind thee always, stop and see,
How unchangeable is He!"
This was after I realized more fully how awesome God is.
Well, I hope you enjoyed these!
Love, grace, and peace,

Those were beautiful lyrics Katherine. They were the truth, I believe I recognized a lot being taken straight from Scripture. That's so awesome! I would love to hear the music when we FINALLY GET TOGETHER AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER! :) Love you! <3
ReplyDeleteYou should post recordings on your blog! I think you should name the second one "Beloved" and the last one... I don't know.
ReplyDeleteI love that name! Thanks!
ReplyDelete