Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Looking Back and Ahead

Since we're in the new year, I decided to write about all that I have accomplished in 2014:

  • I started and completed a 238 page journal written to God. Which means that I've written more than that this year because I have to count the journal I started after the finished one. (Did you get any of that? Kudos to you!)
  • I read 100 books since the beginning of summer. A few of my favorites are:
  1. Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott-I love this one every time I read it.
  2. The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare- This is probably my favorite book ever-so far. I've read it often and I love it more each time. 
  3. The Mother-Daughter Book Club Series by Heather Vogel Frederick-I love this series!
  4. Princess Academy and Princess Academy Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale 
  5.  All the other books I read by Shannon Hale. They were written so well and I love her imagination!
  6. One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt. This book was so heartbreaking and wonderful. If you like to cry, you need to read this book. All the womenfolk of the family were bawling when they read this and even my brothers cried. 
  7. 39 Clues Series by various authors-These are action-packed super-fun books.  I cried while reading these as well.
  8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett- This was very eye-opening and I enjoyed it so much that I bought it. I love this one!!!! I would have paid much more for it. (Notice how I leave the price unstated) ;)  
  9. Surrender by Nancy Leigh DeMoss- This was the last book that I read in 2014 and I think that was very fitting. It was very challenging and I encourage you all to read it.
  • I ran/walked a 5k for Abolition International. See here.
  • I wrote 3 songs and one poem (I'll put up a post for them)
  • Mom and I went on our overnight that was supposed to happen when I was 13, but better last year then never!
  • I went a whole month without washing my hair with shampoo (see here)
  • I got my braces off!!!!!!!!  And I must have done a good job cleaning them too, because usually when they take them off your gums bleed and mine didn't! My orthodontist  had never seen that before and said that it was "remarkable!" Awesome sauce!!!!!
  • I went to Wisconsin with my Uncle, Aunt, and their 4 kids! They were going to a conference and I watched the kids. I had my own bathroom! First time EVER. Also the first time I had my own room. Oh, the joys of having 10 siblings! :) 
So that's all I can think about right now.
Now for what I hope to do in 2015:
  • I have only one resolution, and that is to spend time with God every day (maybe 30 minutes) and  follow Him wherever He takes me. 
All the rest are goals:
  • I would like to read 150 books this year. I thought about making it 200, but that's a bit far-fetched, don't you think?
  • I want to go 2 months without washing my hair. I will be wearing a lot of headbands. ;)
  • I want to learn more piano and get better at it. 
  • I would like to be diligent in practicing guitar  

2 comments:

  1. I followed you, I think it makes sense.
    LOL. you sure the boys wont mind having it told that they cried while reading a book? ;)
    I LOVE 'The Bronze Bow' !!!!
    I want to read 'Surrender' but I hate our library system. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to get over the fact that all the library cards look the same so I have NO idea which one mine is; and that I am not familiar with the library so I don't know where anything is... okay... back to commenting... I'm not trying to create a blog post or anything but by the time i'm finished with this comment it might look that way!
    That's awesome that you were able to read so many books!!! I really want to find some more good books to read, I've started going back to books that I have read and reading them for a third, fourth, sometimes sixth time... or just plain not reading (other than the Bible) [Insert gasp here] I will be referring to your list often!
    200 is a lot... good goal for 2016... (if you can find 200 good books that you haven't already read.)
    So... I'm really curious- why do you want to go for so long without washing your hair?
    That's a good resolution to have... I used to do that all the time and it was so good.. I need to get back into making sure I spend that much time in God's word.
    Okay.. I'm going to my blog and I'm going to write a post now. I still haven't done a New Years post! (I know, I know... I'm a horrible person...
    [Typing] deal with it.
    [deleting previously typed words.]
    [typing again]
    [mental contemplation... do I risk trying to be funny over the computer and say that and risk someone thinking that I am not just horrible but terrible or do I just not say it.... hmmm]
    [deleting potentially reputation destroying words] [typing] sorry I'm so horrible. I'll have to talk to my creator about that.

    I'm in a silly mood if you can't tell... I'm going to submit the comment before I say anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ummm wow.. that looks a lot bigger when you can see all that words...

      Delete